|©2013 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved.|
Some of the traits you need to become a great global city?
And the Initiative’s chairman is a former big-city mayor who got things done -- Chicago’s Richard M. Daley!
- Local leadership with a worldview.
- A legacy of global interaction that includes a “first-mover advantage.”
- Distinct economic specializations that attract investment.
- The ability to adapt to each new cycle of global change without losing progress.
- A culture of knowledge and innovation that encourages local thinkers and entrepreneurs to “generate new ideas, methods, products and technologies” here.
Read the entire article: Going Global Requires Regional Effort