What's the upshot on the study? The mobile Web is continuing its explosive global growth (refer to chart below).
dotMobi’s Director of Engineering, Ronan Cremin, said, “The study demonstrates that apps are shifting to become a part of a broader mobile Web strategy rather than the strategy itself. While some brands build individual apps for multiple platforms like iOS, Android and BlackBerry, businesses are increasingly choosing a mobile Web solution for their content, as many of the Alexa top 1,000 have already done.”
|Findings from the 2010 dotMobi "Mobile Web Progress"|
goMobi (http://gomobi.info) is another tool developed by dotMobi that allows small business owners to strengthen their presence on the mobile Web by creating customized, professional-looking (and functioning) mobile sites from an easy-to-use template. GoMobi here.
The advantages of goMobi site creation include:
- Affordability (eliminates the need for specialized developers)
- Ease of use (no programming experience necessary, drag and drop technology)
- Functionality (site will function on all mobile devices with web access)
- Immediacy (site goes live within minutes of completion)
- Visit http://dotMobi.mobi for information on .mobi domains and all dotMobi services.
- Visit http://mobiForge.com and http://goMobi.info for mobile site development and services.
- Visit http://mobiThinking.com for mobile marketing information and services (love this!).
- Of course, use the .mobi equivalents of these sites to guarantee a quality experience on your mobile device. And see the dotMobi blog at http://blog.mobi (excellent).
Posted by: The Global Small Business Blog