1. Ensure a clear understanding of local principles, customs and barriers.As the article states, India presents many opportunities to U.S. manufacturers, but just as many operational challenges.
2. Establish constant communication. India's communications infrastructure is still inadequate for global companies doing business there.
3. Develop comprehensive procedures and processes.
4. Ensure the quality of input information.
5. Identify and integrate the right professionals and insist on teamwork.
Read more here.