The STEP (State Trade and Export Promotion Program) offered by the Small Business Administration aims to offer small businesses in the U.S. a way to reach a global market. And right now, supporters of the program are in position in Washington, D.C., to get the program renewed.According to the Office of International Trade Resources, here's what the STEP grants will do for a small business owner, provided they utilize the offerings:
- support for small business participation in foreign trade missions and foreign market sales trips;
- subscription to services by the Department of Commerce;
- website translation fees;
- design of international marketing media;
- trade show exhibitions;
- participation in training workshops; and
- other export initiatives determined to be appropriate by the SBA.
This is definitely a step in the right direction towards helping small businesses expand internationally!