|©2016 Laurel Delaney. All rights reserved.|
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Friday, May 27, 2016
Here are 19 of the top small business suppliers who have worked with Lockheed Martin in 2015 and have had a chance to take their business global by virtue of the relationship:
- Avans Machine, Scottsboro, Alabama
- KCA Electronics, Inc., Anaheim, California
- One-Way Manufacturing, Inc., Anaheim, California
- Gulf Marine of Clearwater, Clearwater, Florida
- Powell Electronics, Inc., Coral Springs, Florida
- Sunshine Aero Industries, Inc., Crestview, Florida
- The Bernd Group, Dunedin, Florida
- Orion Industries, Inc., Ayer, Massachusetts
- Production Engineering Corp., Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Marotta Controls, Inc., Montville, New Jersey
- American Products Company Inc., Union, New Jersey
- PLX, Inc., Deer Park, New York
- General Tool Company, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cera-Met, LLC, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Container Research Corporation, Glen Riddle, Pennsylvania
- Schmiede Corporation, Tullahoma, Tennessee
- Holleman Construction Company, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Mill-Tech Industries, Inc., Grand Prairie, Texas
- JEVAC Machine, Magnolia, Arkansas
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Torklift fabricates precision crafted trailer hitches, related RV towing equipment, and powdercoat and sand blasting. Sales have increased about 20 to 25 percent each year since 2008, and in 2011 Torklift moved to a new 52,000-square-foot facility in Sumner, Washington to meet growing demand.
In 2015 the company set a goal of increasing export sales, starting with Australia. The rest is history.
Read more: Torklift expands exports with global market research
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
SentimentRead more: Helping small business exporters overcome financial barriers
SME exporters continue to be optimistic about the future, with 37.6% of exporting SMEs either positive or very positive about growth in the next year, easily outweighing the 26.7% of combined negative and very negative SMEs.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
The universities in the initiative have already made transformative commitments to increase female representation in both administration and academia, end gender-based violence on campus, and create centers for gender equality.
“There are cases in this country [Africa] in institutions where there isn’t a single African woman professor in the entire institution. And that’s a serious indictment on our society and our higher education institution," says Adam Habib, principal and vice-chancellor at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Learn more about this positive movement: Going Global: Universities Key to Gender Equality
I am #HeForShe @HeForShe
Monday, May 23, 2016
- How to combat the selling of products below market prices (e.g., steel).
- Why is it important to have a written agreement with a party you are about to conduct business with overseas?
- Seven global trade tips to build satisfying and fruitful business relationships.
- Why China won't overtake the United States.
- What predicts whether someone will be happy on this earth?
- Is Britain better off in the EU? And if they leave?
Saturday, May 21, 2016
|©2016 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved. La Principal.|
|©2016 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved. Wine Goddess.|
|©2016 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved. Tratoria D.O.C.|
|©2016 Laurel J. Delaney. All rights reserved. Main train stop.|
- La Principal restaurant -- Mexican street food.
- Wine Goddess -- shabby chic by design shop with great wines (love their Cheap N' Good Wine List).
- Trattoria D.O.C. restaurant -- Italian food.
Friday, May 20, 2016
|©FitSmallBusiness.com; with permission|
The big question becomes: What is it like to be peer-to-peer with Seth Godin, Richard Branson and Harvard Business Review, to name just a few of the people and organizations that write great blogs? Awesome!
We are the only blogger mentioned operating in the global small business space. Meaning, many may write about small business but no one, I mean no one, covers going global as a small business owner the way we do (since 2004!).
Thank you to Fit Small Business for including us and thank you to all of you for your continued readership. It means the world to us.
Read more: Best Small Business Blogs of 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
These and many other questions are addressed in an interview I conducted with international trade expert Doris Nagel, who runs Chicago-based Blue Sky Consulting Services.
Read the entire interview: Best Practices For Setting Up a Winning Overseas Distributor Agreement
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and USA President Barack Obama reached out to Kaddas in April to represent small business interests in international trade during a special White House event for some of the world's top political and business leaders. Here's what she said about the opportunity:
"As a small business, breaking into the global market can feel intimidating, but there's a need and a place for us, too. Through trade missions and programs like Utah's State Trade and Expansion Program (STEP), Kaddas Enterprises is able to showcase its strengths and, hopefully, inspire other small businesses to do the same."Read more: A Small Utah Company Stands Out on the World Stage
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Ms Wang has been a champion of small business and women in business in the wider APEC region and will bring [to ExportNZ’s annual national conference Go Global held 5/16/16] valuable insights into e-commerce opportunities for New Zealand businesses.Learn more: Huge line-up of talent to help Kiwi exporters - Go Global
Monday, May 16, 2016
- The discussion of LGBT rights at the World Economic Forum (WEF) on Africa has highlighted a new method of promoting equality worldwide.
- Grow baby, grow and do it via international trade.
- The beauty of Bermuda as an international business economy.
- Check out Israeli cross-border e-commerce specialist Global-e.
- The winners of the 2016 GeekWire Awards.
- Driving mode for Google Maps appears to be going global.