|Photo credit: Pascal Muradian. All rights reserved.|
- Tony Meloto, Founder of Gawad Kalinga, The Philippines on "pitching for social entrepreneurship."
- Abdallah Absi, Founder and CEO of Zoomaal, Lebanon on "pitching for crowd funding."
- Atef Alshabrawy, Founder and CEO of the Islamic M&SE's Bank and SME's advisor to the Federation of GCC Chamber of Commerce, Bahrain, on "pitching for Islamic finance."
- Arnaud Mourot, Co-director of Ashoka Europe, France on "inventing the future of entrepreneurship at the BoP.
- Aishwarya Mahajan, Regional Head Livelihood Education and Regional Manager of Jaipur Office, Aide & Action International, India on "inventing the future of entrepreneurship at the BoP."
- Dylan Wilk, Founder of HumanNature, United Kingdom, on "inventing the future of entrepreneurship at the BoP
- Colin Jones, Senior lecturer of entrepreneurship at the University of Tasmania, Australia on "Entrepreneurship 3.0: Critical knowledge and skills for entrepreneurs and how to develop them."
- Mohammad Reza Dayyani, Founder and Chairmain of the Board - Iran Entrepreneurs Forum, Founder and CEO of Entekhab Investment Development Group, Iran on "doing business in Iran."
- Letizia Molatti introduced the socio-economic enterprises concept to bridge the gap in society.
- Richard EU narrated his experience of handling failures in his family business while inducing family values in his organizational hierarchy.
- Marita Chang, recipient of the young Australian entrepreneur 2012 award, described her journey from a simple university workshop on robotics to starting-up her company Robogals Global.
- Chief Nyamweya, spoke about how he embedded happiness as one of the core values of his business.
In closing, entrepreneurs see the world differently. We are all about creating opportunities, especially ones that can change the world. Thomas Edison is a great example of an entrepreneur who went on to create thousands of ideas that created value over time. In their own right, the World Entrepreneurship Forum members and participants are all budding Edisons.
Note: I am in the photo above with all the other participants at the World Entrepreneurship Forum 2014 in Lyon, France. Next year's Forum takes places in Hangzhou, China. Watch for more details soon.